Cambridge English For Life Sdn Bhd (HQ) is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Academic Manager position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
To lead the daily operations of the Academic Department.
1. Assist with and/or supervise the development of all related curricular.
2. Plan and supervise in-house staff professional development, including teacher monitoring and appraisal; staff, including orientation and training and general briefing on academic matters.
3. Management of quality assurance and professional development, staffing, team building, and human resources management within the academic department.
4. Monitoring compliance requirements and working to ensure that learners receive the best outcomes, service, and advice possible.
5. Development of new curriculum/materials and liaison with existing/new publishers.
6. Develop, plan and present the spectrum of CEFL courses to clients.
7. Supervise Cambridge Assessment English (CAE) examination, where appropriate, administration and supervision.
8. Review and develop Placement Test materials.
9. Supervise teacher quality assessment periodically
10. Implement processes and procedures for communications with parents/clients, including progress reports, stock letters, and arrangements for Parent/Teacher Meetings.
11. Maintain and develop procedures for quality control, especially teacher performance and teaching materials.
12. Plan, organize and participate in training workshops, seminars etc. on academic matters.
13. Provide academic support to Marketing and Operations personnel;
14. Teach CEFL programmes as required.
15. Conduct routine professional development workshops.
16. Provide monthly reports for Management on academic matters.
17. Provide editorial service to all departments for outgoing correspondence, press releases/articles/advertisements, marketing material, website content, standard prepared responses.
18. Undertake any other assignments, duties, tasks and responsibilities which may arise from time to time as and when necessary.
19. To be involved in other ad-hoc projects as and when assigned by the Company.
1. Excellent organization, communication, and presentation skills. High level of written and verbal communication skills.
2. Positive attitude towards continuous personal development.
3. Dependable, responsible, meticulous, detailed, able to work under pressure, and able to work with minimum supervision.
4. Hands-on and has a real sense of ownership towards the position and the Company.
5. Leadership skills and capabilities. Able to encourage teamwork and solicit ideas of team members. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and advanced knowledge in implementing plans to respond to academic-related issues.
6. Creative and high adaptability in a VUCA world.
- Master’s Degree in Education/English (with IGCSE first language English - has related qualifications and/or experience); teaching certification preferred (Ph.D. holders are also welcomed to apply).
- Minimum 10 years experience in teaching English, with preferred 5 additional years of experience in management.
- Sound knowledge of the Malaysian Education System.
- Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be willing to work overtime hours and weekends as needed.
Established in 2001, Cambridge English For Life (CEFL) is the leading provider of accredited ready to launch English language programmes. CEFL is characterised by its unique history, a commitment to quality education, a growing network of centres in Malaysia and a strict adherence to the following guiding principles:
Working with a trained, qualified and experienced teaching faculty,
Keeping to its dynamic and proven effective syllabus,
Offering practical courses of study leading to internationally recognised qualifications (such as the prestigious Cambridge English Language examinations), and
Developing lifelong skills for all age groups.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Selangor.