Wawasan Open University [DU013(P)] is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for ACADEMICIAN FOR THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION, HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
As one of the country's pioneer institutions in Open Distance Learning, we welcome new team members who share our goal of being innovative, responsive and dedicated to the advancement of lifelong learning.
- To contribute to the development of the University’s mission, building upon its innovative educational experience to become a leading Open Distance Learning university in the region.
- To network with partner institutions from government, industry and business organizations for the purpose of developing and offering collaborative diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate training programmes.
- To work with the related departments to ensure consistency of quality in curriculum development and delivery of diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Teach, coordinate and develop learning materials for undergraduate and postgraduate courses (Open Distance Learning, Online Learning and Classroom Lecture) in the prescribed fields within the School.
- Conduct relevant research, publication and consultancy activities in related areas.
- Assist the School in developing new academic programmes, enhancing delivery and learning, facilitate seminars and other projects relevant to WOU.
- To oversee the programmes to ensure accreditation been granted by complying with the MQA Full Accreditation or MQA Maintenance Audit exercise
- Applicants should possess a PhD in Psychology or related field.
- Previous experience with online and distance education methodologies would be a strong advantage, as would a high level of oral and written competence in both English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in an institution of higher learning.
- Ability to remain abreast of the emerging methodologies in open distance learning.
- Ability to work in a team.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Penang.