Monash University Malaysia is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Administrative Executive - (MUA00181-340667) position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The Administrative Executive is responsible for processing student pass applications and delivery of advisory services to international students. The delivery of these high-quality services must be consistent and aligned with the regulations of the Immigration Department of Malaysia, relevant policies and procedures of Monash University, and established business processes of the unit.
- Provide assistance, advice and attend to queries on student pass/visa matters which includes new applications, endorsements and transfers of endorsement, variations, extensions/renewals, cancellations, as well as other relevant requirements such as medical screening.
- Review and compile all student pass/visa documents for new applications, endorsements and transfers of endorsement, variations, extensions/renewals, and cancellations, for submission to the relevant government bodies in a timely manner.
- Undertake effective and timely communication with students on the student pass/visa expiry dates to ensure timely submission of documents for extension/renewal. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on all communication with international students.
- Track the progress of each student pass/visa application in accordance with the business process. This may require communication with EMGS (and/or other Malaysian government agencies) and Immigration Department or Malaysia to obtain regular updates on the status of applications.
1. A university degree and/or relevant experience in a similar capacity in a tertiary education setting.
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective organisational skills including the ability to plan, prioritise tasks, work effectively under pressure to achieve targets/objectives within established timelines.
- Operate in a methodical manner paying particular attention to details and with a high level of integrity.
- Strong commitment to continuous quality improvement and customer focused service delivery, and a proactive work style.
- Competent analytical and problem-solving skills, including demonstrated capacity to manage a range of activities and functions relevant to the position.
- Good interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence and liaise with a diverse range of individuals (internal and external) at all levels, and from various educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Good computer literacy and strong ability in using databases, portals and IT technologies in supporting business operations.
- This is a fixed-term position for one year.
Monash is a global university. In addition to its four Australian campuses, it has a comprehensive campus in Malaysia and centres for graduate education in China and India. It also has a teaching and conference centre in Italy. A unique alliance with the University of Warwick (UK) sits alongside an array of international collaborations with leading universities and corporations around the world, expanding the University’s global network.
Monash University Malaysia is Monash’s third largest campus, with over 8000 students and 900 staff. We are a comprehensive campus offering degrees in business, engineering, medicine, science, information technology, pharmacy, social science and humanities across seven Schools. We are rated among the very best among universities in Malaysia, and the quality of our research output positions us among the very best universities in Southeast Asia.
Monash University Malaysia provides Monash University with a platform for scholarly engagement with the dynamic Southeast Asia region. We are located in greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of the region’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our education and research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape.
In 2018, we celebrated our twentieth anniversary in Malaysia. Since our establishment in 1998 we have produced more than 16,800 graduates from more than 78 countries. We provide a diverse and inclusive scholarly environment.
In 2017, Monash Malaysia was awarded a Six Star SETARA rating by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. This places us in the very top “outstanding” cohort of Malaysian Universities.
For further information see www.monash.edu.my.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Selangor.