University of Southampton Malaysia is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Assistant Professor - Foundation Year Programme for Computer Science position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Assistant Professor, Foundation Year Programme for Computer Science
The University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Professor, Foundation Year Programme in the area of Computer Science.
Key accountabilities/primary responsibilities include:
- Support the teaching objectives of the Foundation Year at UoSM by managing a range of contributions to its learning and teaching activities. Deliver teaching of the highest quality across a range of modules at Foundation Year programme, through lectures, tutorials, practicals, student projects and seminars.
- Directly supervise students, providing expert advice on learning best practice and helping with learning problems. Identify the learning needs of students and deliver learning objectives stated in key QA documents. Promote the use of appropriate media to support student learning. Set and mark assessments and provide timely feedback to students.
- Monitor, evaluate and revise course design, in conjunction with the Head of Computer Science at UoSM, to ensure excellence and coherence. Identify areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement; plan and develop innovative contributions to learning, teaching and assessment methods within the department as appropriate.
- Contribute to the efficient management and administration of the department by performing administrative duties as allocated by the Head of Computer Science at UoSM, and by taking-on appropriate coordinating roles, e.g. contributing to the process of recruitment, admissions, supporting outreach activities, examinations or teaching quality assessment.
- Establish a reputation for learning and teaching practice and/or research by the dissemination of findings through leading peer-reviewed publications, presenting results at conferences, or exhibiting work at other appropriate events.
- Provide expert advice in own subject area to other Academic staff and students.
- Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder.
Applicants applying for the position should possess qualifications and experience which include:
- PhD or equivalent professional qualifications and experience in the subject areas.
- Track record of development and delivery of teaching at Foundation Level.
- Proven ability to plan and develop a range of high quality teaching activities, ensuring plans complement broader education strategies.
- Proven ability to plan, manage, organise and assess own teaching contributions.
Application deadline: 19 February 2021
Expected start date: March/April 2021
To apply for this position, please upload your cover letter and up-to-date CV in one single PDF file and upload it at ‘Uploaded Resume’ option.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Johor Bahru.