International Schools Partnership is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Career and University Guidance Counsellor position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Build effective, supportive and professional relationships with Year 5 to Year 13 students and families to promote ISP School’s Amazing Learning and its career and university guidance curriculum and activities
- Build effective, supportive and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders of ISP Malaysia to build and deliver a comprehensive guidance curriculum that is targeted to the developmental needs of specific year levels
- Implement ISP’s career guidance curriculum
- Engage, counsel and ensure all enquiries and concerns from students pertaining to career and university guidance curriculum are attended promptly, effectively and professionally according to protocols and best practices. Ensure student data (including alumni tracking) is into the career and university guidance platform system effectively and accurately
- Work with students from the age of 14 onwards especially SPM/Year 11 and Sixth Form students on all aspects of the university application process including writing references, letters of recommendation, and providing supporting documentation.
- Holding individual meetings and collective presentation sessions with all students, especially those in Year 11 to Year 13 or SPM students to ensure positive engagement until students graduate
- Hosting university representatives, attending university information days/conferences and keeping up to date with information on university application process and career guidance
- Meet/exceed performance and service objectives while effectively managing workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively work as a team to plan, coordinate and execute effective campaigns that promotes career and university guidance and curriculum
- Proactively provide feedback to ensure effective communication strategies, positive customer experience, and higher engagement rate
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
The successful candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of primary and secondary school environment and some experience of careers and university counselling processes (ideally with Malaysian, Australasia, and UK systems)
- Have high school counselling experience, preferably in an international school environment
- Ability to understand, apply and use a variety of software applications, including sound knowledge of standard computing tools including Microsoft Office applications, on-line databases, email, and web-based research tools.
- Familiarity and experience using career and university guidance software, preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written Bahasa Malaysia and/or Mandarin
- Ability to work collaboratively and establish rapport with diverse families and school staff
- Ability to organise and coordinate work independently and set priorities in the context of a full, multifaceted set of responsibilities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, particularly in matters relative to sensitive or confidential student records, personnel or organisational matters.
- Demonstrated ability to make accurate and consistent interpretations of a broad variety of academic and/or administrative policies and procedures.
- Effective analytical, critical thinking, writing and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in career and university guidance
- Strong proficiency in English (Written & Spoken)
- Ability to work on weekends, as needed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are therefore subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering their previous employment.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Selangor.