The Dean is responsible for leading the Faculty and provides strategic leadership for the growth of the Faculty with continuous improvement to the teaching and learning, research and publications, micro certification as well as collaborating with industry partners that in line with the goals of the University.Job Responsibilities:
1. Leads and provides direction to the Faculty while ensuring the highest standards of academic excellence and quality.
2. Provides effective leadership to ensure the Faculty is adequately resourced in terms of manpower, skills and competencies to deliver teaching excellence and student experience efficiency.
3. Provides effective communication of direction, policies, and relevant information thru regular meeting and dialogue session with staff and students.
4. Leads Faculty budgetary planning which includes but not limited to manpower planning, course offering, part-time lecturers, research and publications and operational expenditures for the Faculty to maximise efficiency and results.
5. Establish industry collaboration in reviewing the curriculum and relevance courses syllabus to ensure the graduate's employability.
6. Continuously stay abreast of legislative developments to comply with the requirements of the appropriate authorities (e.g MOHE and MQA)
7. Oversees shifting trends in the education and business industry to advise the University Senate and Management in making strategic academic and business decisions.
8. Leads Faculty to develop and oversee the new and existing programmes that will ensure sustainable growth in the university.
9. Leads and provides the commitment and passion towards teaching and learning as well as collaborating with industry partners to establish a network of employers who will provide training, internship, and graduate employability.
10. Other duties assigned by the Vice-Chancellor and the Management from time to time.
· Related PhD with a minimum of 8 years working experience including 5 years related practice experience in managing Higher Education institution
· Open to Malaysian /Singapore citizens only
· A Full Professor/Associate Professor will be an advantage.
· Candidates able to start immediately will have an added advantage.
· In-depth knowledge of PHEI Act 1996 (Act555) and other relevant regulatory requirements; experience in dealing with government officials especially with officers from the Ministry of Education.
· The ability to articulate a clear vision for the future of the Faculty.
· The ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans.
· Proven leadership and management/supervisory experience
· Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and ability to manage budgets.
· Demonstrated success in attracting resources through fundraising efforts.
· Student experience-focused mindset. Ability to maintain and develop strong undergraduate and professional programmes, including maintaining programmes accreditation.
· Demonstrated commitment to increase the diversity of faculty, staff and students through recruitment, retention, and development of talented individuals.
· Proven ability to foster collaborative efforts by building partnerships with national and/or international agencies.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
· Stakeholder management