Taylor's International School is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Head of Physical Education (PE) position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Create a cohesive and dynamic department, with a shared purpose to achieve at the highest levels.
- Develop and implement policies and practices to ensure that the Director of Sports/HOS is well informed about department provision, about the department’s success in meeting objectives and targets, and about department-related professional development plans.
- Create a climate which enables other teachers to develop and maintain positive attitudes and confidence in their teaching.
- Work alongside the Head of Secondary PE to ensure consistency of approach, curriculum, and good use of teaching staff.
- Work with the Whole School Sports Director.
- Conduct regular meetings aimed at organizing teachers and to build upon strengths and overcome weaknesses.
- Plan comprehensive and appropriate schemes of work.
- Set expectations and targets for teachers and students in relation to standards of student achievement and the quality of teaching.
- Establish with the involvement of the department team and department development plans.
- Work with the appropriate colleagues, to ensure that individual education plans are used to meet the learning needs of students with curriculum support needs.
- Make full use of additional opportunities for curriculum enrichment.
- Required to coach sports teams, both in training and in fixtures. This will take place during and after school hours and possibly some weekends.
- Assisting the Secondary department in both CCA and school sports teams.
- Able to coach a wide range of sports, in particular sports big on the local scene: Football, Tee Ball, Benchball, Basketball, Badminton, Athletics.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold a Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Education (PGDE/PGCE) or equivalent.
- Experience of teaching KS1 is essential.
- At least 5 year(s) of teaching experience in the related field with an international school is desirable for this position.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Kuala Lumpur.