MERCY MALAYSIA is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for HEAD, VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Develop implementation plans from the organization’s strategic directions
- Develop annual planning and budgeting plans for the department
- Plans, directs and carry out policies that relates to all matters concerning volunteers in MM
- Recruit, interview and select VMD staff, volunteers and volunteers who are applying to be members (with the relevant department and/or Exco members if required),
- Manage staff in the department
- Responsible for the administration and management of the department’s day to day activities and operations
- Ensure the capture of knowledge within the department – subject matter training modules, mission lessons learnt and best practices, etc
Manage Volunteer Resources
- Responsible for all the activities of recruitment of volunteers as required by the organization, with emphasis in the recruitment of medical and paramedical volunteers as well as technical volunteers in the areas of logistics and disaster risk management
- Develop and implement an intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualification and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the organization.
- Implement a screening process for potential volunteers
- Maintain and manage volunteer resources to support mission needs and relief programmes/projects phases; and the development of specialized teams to support mission needs and projects (in all phases)
- Responsible for the administration and development and maintenance of Emergency Medical Team (EMT)/ Emergency Respond Unit (ERU) rosters, especially the management of 3rd parties who are employers of the EMT/ERU roster members.
- Develop, engage and maintain partnerships with hospitals, private and public sectors, and institutions of higher learning with the objective of recruiting targeted specializations needed by MERCY Malaysia in its delivery of post-disaster relief work, especially from the medical/paramedical, and logistics background
- Responsible for the proper administration and management of the volunteer database
Design, plan and oversee the training and development programs for Volunteers
- Regularly review and if needed redesign effective training programmes for volunteers based on mission needs and relief projects/programmes phases. You may work with relevant training consultant or companies if required
- Develop and organise compulsory volunteer development programmes – i.e the Volunteer Induction Programme (VIP - a basic introduction/orientation to MERCY Malaysia), Basic Mission Training (BMT), Advanced Mission Training (AMT), Disaster Risk Management training, and any other relevant training program required by MM
- In consultation with other departments, develop an annual training calendar
- Develop an evaluate methods to assess the effectiveness of the training programmes and ensure its continuous based on the current needs. This can be mission specific, phase specific or country specific
Train and Develop Resource Volunteers
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures for the Volunteer Management Department – the Volunteer Management Manual, the Volunteer Code of Conduct and Accountability Guidelines. Field Handbook for Volunteers, and other relevant publications.
- Develop, administer and review policies and procedures for volunteers – Mission Specific and Volunteering Guidelines in general
- Develop and administer forms and records to document the volunteer activities
- Ensure that volunteer registration procedures are followed and records of volunteer hours are maintained according to established procedures
Develop Volunteer Retention and Management Programmes
- Design a strategic volunteer retention and growth plan in order to engage and sustain volunteer interest.
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers
- Ensure that volunteers receive the appropriate level of supervision and assist with conflict resolution among volunteers according to established procedures
- Establish and implement a process for evaluating the contribution of individual volunteers, plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization Develop documentation for Volunteer Management Department
- Review current documents and develop a Chapter Management Manual that includes the policy and procedures for chapters,
- Engage with Chapter members in order to deliver on MM’s mandate and objectives in carrying out their duties
- Manage chapter issues and chapter administrative needs
- Assist chapters in the development of their annual project plans
- Site visits to chapters as and when necessary
- Ensure the development of staff through training programmes
- Ensure assignment of task and evaluate performance
- Institute a Performance Measurement System for each staff member
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Kuala Lumpur.