Asian International Arbitration Centre is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Librarian position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Develop library policies and best practices; including book lending policies & borrower responsibilities and standard operating procedures.
- Code, classify, and catalogue books, publication, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
- Design information storage and retrieval systems, and develop procedures for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information.
- Develop and index databases that provide information for library users.
- Analyze patrons’ requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
- Teach library patrons to search for information using subscribed legal databases.
- Keep records of circulation and materials and check books in and out of the library.
- Compile lists of overdue materials, and notify borrowers that their materials are overdue.
- Respond to customer complaints, taking action as necessary.
- Perform public relations works for the library, such as giving community talks to visitors / interns, and proposing to management on CSR related activities involving the library.
- To liaise with the Business Development units on incorporating marketing aspects of the library into the AIAC websites aimed at cultivating public use and visibility of the library, as part of the AIAC’s overriding publicity efforts.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/Higher Diploma/Bachelors Degree in Library Science or its equivalent.
- Computer and IT skills are essential, as new technologies are constantly evolving. The candidate is expected to possess these skills, and to embrace the use of the latest technology trends to benefit the library’s administration.
- Preferably with at least 2-years of experience in the related field of library science and knowledge management.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent command of English in both written and spoken forms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and resourceful in problem-solving methods, with the ability to work independently.
- Able to work beyond normal working hours during events or to meet deadlines.
- [Note: This offer is for a part-time position ranging 3 times a week. After 6 months, the incumbent will be considered for a full-time position depending on the performance of the incumbent.]
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Kuala Lumpur.