Taylor's University is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Life Skills Facilitator position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The Life Skills Facilitator takes an active role in effectively delivering and facilitating impactful Life Skills modules as per the University's standards of excellence.The roles main requirement is to be energetic, engaging, creative and is comfortable in sharing personal and corporate life experiences to students while facilitating the classroom.
The individual should be a self-starter, proactive, positive and is able to bring in liveliness into a classroom setting through the creation of positive and supportive learning atmosphere in a safe and open environment where students are able to share and express their thoughts and feelings. Facilitation will be done using the experiential learning methodology and in a flipped classroom setting where participation and discussion is encouraged while delivering learning in an exciting and non-traditional manner. The role also needs you to plan, direct and execute facilitation roles for the required University Life Skills modules, and look into key administrative matters related to the present and future state of these modules.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
● Oversee the design and delivery of the Life Skills Modules to create students that are more self-aware and socially competent, contributing to future ready graduates.
● Lead the initiation and implementation of new teaching and learning initiatives through experiential learning and flipped classroom, and ensure modules are executed according to the prescribed learning outcomes with clear establishment of objectives.
● Facilitate learning in a non-traditional manner with the goal of nurturing and developing self- learning and self- reflecting students.
● Constantly evaluate and appraise their own teaching methods and ensure lessons are comprehensible to students while ensuring the quality of teaching.
● Maintains comprehensive, accurate and thorough documentation on key administrative issuespertaining to the modules taught ie students' attendance, grading, audit requirements, etc.
● Coach and counsel students in the areas of life skills and emotional well-being in and outside of the classroom as and when needed.
● Establish contact with local / international experts, thought leaders and potential speakers to solicit their support by inviting them as guest lectures to add value to the subjects being taught.
● .Lead benchmarking on best practices and issues pertaining to teaching and learning initiatives that would engage students through application and active experimentation on modules that are taught.
● Undertake research activities with the outcome of writing and producing papers which can be published or presented in conferences etc.
● Undertake contributory roles in supporting projects that add value to the overall needs of the department and institutional ambitions.
● Other duties assigned which can help in further developing and growing the development of life skills and emotional well-being avenues in the University.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
● Passionate for learning and the learners. Is a lifelong leaner and practitioner of life skills.
● Strong and energetic facilitation skills - have good stage presence, energy and are able to inspire and motivate learners to remain engaged.
● Positive coaching skills - able through effective questionings to help students discover an answer / solutions for themselves.
● Results oriented - attention to detail and ensures quality of work is high and consistent.
● Multi-skilled - possesses good planning and organizing skills; able to coordinate project and manage events.
● Problem solving and analytical skills - able to identify and respond to problems appropriately and in a timely manner.
● Able to develop fun and exciting activities to supplement teaching based on the needs of the programme.
● Able to analyse and interpret the needs of students and offer appropriate solutions.
● Have strong and proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with students, and liaise with people in all positions.
● Handles general tasks independently and able to work well in a team - flexible and adaptable when collaborating projects.
● Able to maintain records systematically in a way that is comprehendible and accessible to others.
● Have competent communication, listening and facilitation skills, is technologically savvy and able to incorporate various tools to engage students in a classroom setting.
● Proficient with technological tools for virtual learning (use of Virtual / Augmented Reality & Artificial Intelligence).
● Proven familiarity with enhanced technological platforms for virtual student engagement.
Minimum Academic/Professional Qualification
● Masters in Psychology / Education / Communications / Business / Coaching or related discipline. (Certification in Coaching is also preferable)
● At least five (5) years of training / teaching experience preferably with a broad range ofacademic / student development functions in an educational institution or experiences inpersonal development training, learning and development.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
● Knowledge of personal development and team development components
● Licensed tools for training and coaching or other equivalent areas
● Generation Z and Millennial Generation understanding
● In-depth understanding of personality assessments, SMART Goals, emotional intelligence,mindfulness and ways to develop critical thinking skills
● Effective and energetic coaching / facilitation skills
● Strong communication skills (including listening), good English proficiency and excellentwriting skills
● Technology savvy
● Life coaching skills and techniques (preferable)
● Regulate emotions while maintaining professionalism
● Ability to interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations
● Ability to work with minimal supervision
● Possess good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and maintain effectiveworking relationships with students and staff
● Possess good organisational and coordination skills with ability to plan, manage andfacilitate several activities/events simultaneously
● Ability to adapt to and work in a team environment
● Ability to work on own initiatives and operate to tight schedules and deadlines
● Ability to create/generate new ideas
● Ability to prepare reports and draft routine correspondence
● Has a strong sense of life purpose and clear personal mission statement
● Goal and purpose driven
● Value driven and principle centric
● Trustworthy and has a strong sense of responsibility
● Active listener and probing questioner
● Can adapt approach based on the personality of the participants; vs. only a single style ofteaching
● Effective team player
● High personal and professional standards of excellence
● Independent, accountable and takes ownership
● Passionate in developing student to success
● Adaptable and Creative
● Committed to their own ongoing personal growth and holistic health (mental, physical,emotional, spiritual)
● Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
● Good team player
● Cheerful, energetic and shows enthusiasm
● Has good working attitude
● Pro-active, mature and resourceful
A prestigious education organisation in Subang Jaya
Taylor's University Sdn Bhd
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Selangor.