IMPERIUM INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for REGISTRAR position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Manages the functioning of Registry, Exam Unit, ISD and DSA in supporting the overall running of the college covering internal processes such as new students’ applications, scholarships, examinations, student visas, student activities, graduation requirements and also externally-related activities such as audits by MOE, accreditation exercises by MQA, audits by partner institutions, communications with PTPTN & EMGS, verification to EPF, verification of graduates to various agencies/embassies/MOE, upload of students data and verify data from ARU & Pearson, while ensuring compliance with Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
- Ensure processing of student documents and requests e.g. verifications, are completed within stipulated time frame, and ensure correct invoicing where relevant
- Examinations are conducted in accordance to rules & regulations from EQP submission, moderation and final view, to the endorsement of results by the Board of Examiners and the release of said results to students
- Monitor the periodic setting-up and updating of CRM e.g. new semester to allow enrolment, keying of marks by lecturers, attendance system
- Prepare departmental budget and monitor expenses
- Report to Academic and Management meetings on issues pertinent to all Units under Registrar’s direct supervision
- Actively participate in external audits i.e. provide data & documents as required collaborative partners, attend interviews and provide feedback as necessary; data importer for ARU; examination officer for Pearson Edexcel
- Submit reports to the MOE as necessary e.g. quarterly reports for international students; regular updates of students’ data in e-IPTS for various purposes as deemed appropriate by MOE; submit graduates’ data to Anjung Tracer of MOE on yearly basis; submit data for KDN license renewal, working closely with GLEM; any other reports as required by the government & its agencies
- Work with the Vice President/Advisor on development of new programmes e.g. 4+0s and 3+0s, especially looking at programme structures and identification of courses across multiple disciplines
- Assist Government Liaisons and Special projects in processes of new programme application submission, replies to MQA on matters relate to new programme applications & accreditation; MQA accreditation visits e.g. student files, examination scripts, interview with members of Student Council, MyQUEST audit, MOE Inspectorate, etc
- Attend briefing sessions, seminars, workshop and Hari Bertemu Pelanggan organised by the MOE, MQA, EMGS and other relevant agencies, for updates mainly on processes, rules & regulations governing functioning of Registry, Exam Unit and ISD.
- Updates and advise HOCs/colleagues on new standards, processes, procedures, rule & regulations of relevant authorities as information becomes available, and suggest compliance where relevant
- Resolve students and other stakeholders’ issues/complaints within the scope of Registry, Exam Unit, ISD and DSA, and notify relevant Heads of any complaints for resolution. Highlight matters that require attention of superior accordingly
- Support CMD and Heads of Centres in recruitment especially international students
- Checking of documents to ascertain qualifications meet entry requirements
- Proforma invoices and Admission Letters
- Provide updates in processes of the authorities including the EMGS & Immigration
- Manage the annual convocation ceremony
- Ensure all duties as described for each staff under the four Units/Departments are being carried out to the best of their abilities
- Conduct regular meetings to update any new developments
- Discuss best approach to complete tasks and division of labor; allow flexibility and decision making
- Hands-on training on tasks completion whenever possible
- Staff development and retention of talents
- Review of process flows and for further improvements and faster & better outcome
- Respond to queries, concerns and complaints from various individuals and agencies while maintaining/defending position of the institution
- Advise students and staff on multiple issues primarily academic-related
- Evaluate student activities proposals and approve as per criteria/advise for improvement/seek further advise from superior
- Monitor election and activities of Student Council; prepare members for audit visits by local agencies and collaborative partners where applicable
- Any other tasks as assigned by superior
(Minimum requirements to competently perform the job, NOT the specifications of the person currently holding the position)
- Education : Master degree with minimum 5-years’ experience in tertiary education industry at managerial level preferably in academic management areas
- Experience : Well versed with the requirements and processes of the MOE, MQA, EMGS/Immigration, PTPTN processes, basic understanding of processes of other relevant bodies e.g. EPF, Rapid KL, banks; able to interpret equivalency of qualifications from various countries; able to provide adequate responses to queries of multiple natures from various persons and agencies; education management databases; proper handling of examination materials and storage of documents to ensure safety and security of such materials
- Qualities : Integrity & ethical conduct; good command of written and verbal communications in both English and Bahasa Melayu; good interpersonal skills; able to priorities while handling multiple tasks with tight deadlines; willingness to adapt and learn; keenness to update and share knowledge of MOE, MQA, EMGS, Immigration processes, expectations and the revisions thereof; able to multi-task with eyes for details; teamwork; hands-on training for staff to further develop talents & talent retention
- KSA’s (knowledge, Skills & Ability) : Knowledge of conduct & processes relevant to tertiary education good command of Word, Excel & PowerPoint; adherence to PDPA; presentation skills; documentations as required by governing bodies local & collaborative partner.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Kuala Lumpur.