NUMED MALAYSIA SDN. BHD is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The Research Administrator will co-ordinate the research projects, keeping the study collaborators updated, organising and participating in meetings to discuss results and lead on publication and grant preparation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: -
MYRA and QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Reformat and analyses data for MYRA submission
- Work with MYRA team to input and summaries data
- Log evidence for research and MYRA including publications, grants, gifts, equipment purchases, salaries for research positions, prizes.
- Work with Dean of Research and relevant professional services teams to formulate policies for funding (grants, conferencing, publications).
- Work with finance on costings, invoicing, quotations for servicing, procurement of equipment/services, maintenance of equipment.
- Work with UK on research audit for REF where necessary, costings, quality assurance audits.
- Attend training when offered on administrative and financial aspects of grants.
SUPPORTING FACULTY RESEARCH
- Work with research management group on keeping database of projects approved, ongoing and ethics approval forms. A register of all posters, abstracts and presentations will also be formulated for future MYRA and REF submissions where needed.
- Help organize meetings- letters to guests, logistics for holding meetings
SUPPORTING STUDENT RESEARCH
- Maintain a log of student applications for funding, abstracts and supervisory team.
- Maintain a log of supervisory meetings and attendance for postgraduate students, work with relevant teams to arrange induction, registration and welcome events for visting post graduate students, arrange access (visas where appropriate ) and help with translation of documents/ letters/ telephone calls to local authorities for data, meetings etc.
Assist in arrangement of travel for funded research projects for research team working with finance team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in teaching and learning environment in higher education
- Thorough knowledge of the University policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to assess and analyse problems, suggest solutions, make informed decisions, be responsible, innovative, use initiative and work independently
- Excellent communications skills in Bahasa Melayu and English and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to Work well in a team and develop effective relationships with a wide range of colleagues
- Be pro-active, excellent organizational skills
- Excellent IT skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, Outlook and ability to type.
- Experience of managing and organizing complex meetings
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
- Effective at independent working
- Effective at monitoring and controlling work flow of teams
- Effective at working under pressure and to deadlines
- Maintains flexibility to allow for changing circumstances
- Plans workload and tasks in a systematic way
- Respects the expertise of others
- Shares relevant and useful information with others
- Keep other team members up to date with progress
- Willing. To share and help others with workloads
- High energy and commitment to delivery of excellence
- Understands team needs and outputs
- Strives to deliver high quality results
- Looks for ways to make immediate improvements
- Is thorough at investigating issues
- Gathers relevant information and facts
- Keeps up to date with Univesity issues
- Pieces together information to identify trends
- Eye for detail, spotting errors and accuracy of information
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Johor Bahru.