Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Research Assistant in Social Sciences position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Conduct and manage research and related administrative activities, with guidance as required, ensuring that project aims and objectives are met.
- Working closely with the supervisory team, develop and plan research objectives.
- Present information on research progress and outcomes to, for example, project lead, funding body, university research committee, research team, etc.
- Publish research reports, conference and indexed journal papers in line with project requirements.
- Build appropriate networks within and outside the team.
- Support dissemination and contribute to technical workshops, seminars and conferences as appropriate
- Where needed, travel to partner universities (research collaborators) to carry out research and/or attend meetings presentations etc.
- Ensure that all data collection undertaken as part of the project is done so ethically and in line with both UK (GDPR) and Malaysian privacy and data protection policies, and in compliance with the requirements of the funder.
- Provide tutoring and assist in the supervision of student research projects as necessary.
- Register as a Master (by research) student at our University, and fulfil all obligations of this registration and course of study.
- Bachelor degree in business management or related cognate discipline
- Satisfies the entry requirement for MPhil program of Heriot-Watt University
- Master or equivalent in appropriate discipline
- Knowledge of qualitative research methods
- Clear communicator with good reading and writing skills; good at understanding and explaining concepts
- Familiar with qualitative research related software.
- Possesses research and analytical skills with strong capacity to conduct independent research
- Research experience
- Experience of publishing papers in journals/ conferences
- Successful completion of funded research and/or funded knowledge exchange
- Ability to conceptualize problems and develop well-reasoned and logical viewpoints
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Hardworking, proactive, willing to learn new things
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to plan his/her own work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Nationality must be Malaysian
- Enjoys being part of an academic community, and willing to take a 'hands on' approach from the outset.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Putrajaya.