The University of Nottingham in Malaysia Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Senior Careers Adviser position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Senior Careers Adviser position at University of Nottingham Malaysia.
General Description of the Role:
Planning, coordinating and implementing career events or activities. To act as an advisor to students and deliver a range of workshops to enhance career development skills for students as well as to provide a range of administrative support for effective and efficient operation of the Careers Advisory Services.
1) Career events & activities
- Planning and organising the career activities, professional development seminars, employer recruitment talks and career fair
- Co-ordinate and implement the events including program planning, marketing and promotion, evaluation, reporting, logistics and scheduling activity
- Plan and arrange on-campus employment recruitment by industry partners
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with industry partners
- Provide support and coordinates career services for students in respective schools of engineering and business
- Establish relationships and work closely with the faculty staff and industry partners regarding career services, disseminate related employment opportunities and develop specialised career programs/events
2) Employment and Career Workshops
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a range of skill development workshops to students
- Enhance, develop and facilitate information sessions, interviews, seminars and workshops
- Maintain and update workshop manuals and materials
- Conduct workshop reports and feedback analysis
3) Careers advice and guidance
- Review resume and cover letter prepared by students and provide general feedback to students wherever applicable
- Provide professional careers advice and guidance to students through individual one to one appointments, group sessions, email and telephone
- Assist students in defining career options, developing employment skills, and job-search procedures
- Provide impartial career guidance to support students in making informed choices in relation to their future and the graduate labour market
- Promote and increase student usage of careers advice and guidance through online recruiting system and other means
- Conducts research and keep abreast of employment trends and opportunities. To provide regular information to students on internships, careers, professional associations and job listings, etc
- Ensure a high level of customer service to students, graduates, staff and employers
- Ensure timely responses to a variety of written requests from students and employers for information relating to career services via telephone, correspondence and/or electronic mail
- To carry out other duties as appropriate and required
- Degree/Master in education & teaching, counseling, engineering, human resource, management or any related field
- Strong time management, organizing and planning multiple events
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to work with students, staff and employers
- Excellent counseling and listening skill
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written in English)
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently whilst working as part of a team
- Pleasant, confident, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- At least 5 years of related working experience
- Working experience in counseling, recruitment, human resources, training or related fields are an added advantage
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
*Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you are advised to read and understand our Notice and Choice Principle Document which is posted in our website at www.nottingham.edu.my/jobs. By submitting your detailed resume, you declare that you have read, understood and accepted our Notice and Choice Principle Document and have consented to providing your sensitive personal data to be processed by us.
UNM opened in September 2000 and became the first British university to set up a campus both outside of the UK, in Malaysia and China, earning The University of Nottingham the Queen's Award for Industry (International Trade) 2006. In 2017, We were awarded with a 5-star rating for the quality of its research and innovation, making it among the highest rated international university in Malaysia in The Malaysia Research Assessment (MyRA).
The University of Nottingham is placed 82nd in the world by the latest 2019 QS World University Rankings.
The University of Nottingham is proud of its international reputation for world changing research, a reputation which extends across all of our campuses. We were rated No. 8 for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework.
Our programmes are identical to those offered at The University of Nottingham in the UK and follow the same quality assurance processes, and students are awarded University of Nottingham degree certificates when they complete their course.
Find out more www.nottingham.edu.my.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Semenyih.