Monash University Malaysia is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Assistant Lecturer (Computer Science/Software Engineering), PAL Scheme position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The academic is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the university, particularly at undergraduate and graduate diploma level and to carry out activities to develop her/his scholarly, research and/or professional expertise relevant to the profession or discipline, under the PAL scheme
- Support the delivery of innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate students
- Contribute to research activities within the School, starting to develop a publication record by registering for a full time PhD with Monash, making timely progression of milestones, and submitting the PhD thesis in a timely manner.
- Provide support for collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence
- Support the management of education, research, administration and marketing in the School
- Support the School in OBE and accreditation matters, as required
- Of Malaysian citizenship
- A masters qualification in computer science, information technology or relevant field
- At least four years of a bachelor's degree with research components, leading to first class or second class upper division
- A master's degree with a significant research component, including a thesis, leading to first class or second class upper division.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to teach in a university environment
- Potential and commitment to produce excellent research leading to PhD degree
- Interest and passion to engage with students
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Eligible to register with the MBOT as a Professional Technologist
- Eligible to obtain teaching permit from Ministry of Higher Education
Monash is a global university. In addition to its four Australian campuses, it has a comprehensive campus in Malaysia and centres for graduate education in China and India. It also has a teaching and conference centre in Italy. A unique alliance with the University of Warwick (UK) sits alongside an array of international collaborations with leading universities and corporations around the world, expanding the University’s global network.
Monash University Malaysia is Monash’s third largest campus, with over 8000 students and 900 staff. We are a comprehensive campus offering degrees in business, engineering, medicine, science, information technology, pharmacy, social science and humanities across seven Schools. We are rated among the very best among universities in Malaysia, and the quality of our research output positions us among the very best universities in Southeast Asia.
Monash University Malaysia provides Monash University with a platform for scholarly engagement with the dynamic Southeast Asia region. We are located in greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of the region’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our education and research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape.
In 2018, we celebrated our twentieth anniversary in Malaysia. Since our establishment in 1998 we have produced more than 16,800 graduates from more than 78 countries. We provide a diverse and inclusive scholarly environment.
In 2017, Monash Malaysia was awarded a Six Star SETARA rating by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. This places us in the very top “outstanding” cohort of Malaysian Universities.
For further information see www.monash.edu.my.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Selangor.