Syarikat Pendidikan Staffield Berhad (Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar) is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Head of Bahasa Malaysia position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Job Description and Person Specification
The Head of Department is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of all aspects of the department, including the quality of teaching and learning, the monitoring of student progress and the promotion of the subject both within and outside of the academic curriculum.
- To line manage teachers within the department, ensuring all teachers aspire to high standards in teaching and learning, reflect regularly on their practice, and follow policies and procedures set out by the School and by the department;
- To monitor the quality of teaching and learning, assessment and feedback within the department, seeking constant improvement and addressing issues;
- To ensure the views and needs of students and student feedback are central to planning of teaching and learning within the department;
- To line manage other members of staff within the department, including technicians and assistants, and to ensure they follow policies and procedures set out by the School;
- To ensure all members of staff within the department have the opportunity to contribute to its improvement and success;
- To chair regular department meetings in line with school expectations;
- To oversee the CPD and focused development of each member of the department;
- To assist in the recruitment of new staff, as required;
- To take a lead in the induction to the School of new staff within the department;
- To take responsibility for health and safety of all staff, students and visitors within the department and to report any issues promptly;
- To ensure all risky activities and equipment within the department and departmental trips and activities are properly risk assessed in line with school procedures;
- To ensure all students applying for university courses related to the department’s subject areas are fully supported in their preparation and application;
- To ensure students have access to academic enrichment activities in areas related to the department;
Assessment and Reporting
- To ensure the department collects, analyses and uses internal and external data to help improve outcomes for all students;
- To coordinate the setting, marking and moderation of internal examinations and entrance tests, as required;
- To ensure all teachers in the department provide reports and references on students which are accurate, personalised and constructive;
- To ensure examination entries and predicted grades are submitted accurately and on time;
- To analyse external examination outcomes, and to present this analysis as required;
- To ensure the department has an appropriate written curriculum which caters for the needs of all students in the KTJ community and implements this effectively, in line with school policies;
- To review of departmental units of work and lesson plans annually;
- To liaise with parents, as required, about the curriculum and its implementation within the department;
- To update curriculum information for school publications, as requested;
- To promote the subject within the department, encouraging uptake at IGCSE and A Level;
- To provide opportunities for out-of-class, cross-curricular and extra-curricular learning in the department’s subject areas;
- To ensure that the department has the appropriate resources to deliver high quality teaching and learning;
- To ensure all department areas are well-presented and emphasise a ‘love of learning’;
- To ensure the visibility of the department’s subjects around the School;
- To submit an annual budget bid which reflects the needs of the department;
- To manage the department’s annual budget, ensuring that limits are adhered to;
- To manage the department resources to ensure they are kept secure and are well-maintained;
Planning, procedures and policies
- To produce and implement a department development plan annually;
- To engage with and contribute to the School’s strategic plan;
- To set procedures and policies for the department and to ensure they are adhered to;
- To propose staffing arrangements for the department;
- To keep up-to-date with research, innovations and trends in the department’s subject areas and in teaching and learning;
- To keep up-to-date with the requirements for university entrance in subjects related to the department;
- To advise the Trustees, Principal and Senior Leadership Team on matters related to the department and its subjects, as requested;
- To perform other reasonable duties as requested by the Head of Secondary (Academic) or the Principal.
Personal characteristics and skills
- Strong team member, who actively builds and promotes trust and openness;
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to manage staff effectively and sensitively and to challenge unsatisfactory conduct or performance;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible approach;
- The ability to take the initiative;
- The ability to think and plan strategically;
- Creativity in problem solving and the ability to anticipate issues before they arise;
- Excellent customer focus and the ability to work positively with everyone in the school community;
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of practices, trends and issues in subject areas and in teaching and learning;
- Good degree of ICT literacy;
- Commitment to life-long learning;
- A genuine interest in young people and their wellbeing;
- Strong academic profile;
- Excellent classroom practitioner:
- Affinity with the School’s boarding ethos and with the values of Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar.
Please log on to our website and complete the KTJ Application Form (available on the vacancies page).
Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to security vetting.
KTJ is the region's premier International School, established by the Negeri Sembilan Royal Family in 1989. For the last 30 years, our Secondary School has maintained a reputation as being one of the leading British-style, co-education boarding schools in Malaysia. In September 2013, we officially opened our state of the art Primary School, offering modern learning facilities.
We provide high quality day and boarding education for children aged 3 - 19 years, with a diverse population of students from over 22 different countries across Asia, Europe, Australia and Africa. Our Primary and Secondary School is spread across a green 80 acre site located in the beautiful Malaysian countryside, one hour's drive from Kuala Lumpur.
KTJ is a registered charity where all proceeds are channeled back into the school. This allows us to offer our students outstanding boarding, learning and sports facilities, with highly-qualified and dedicated teaching staff. Our school aims to produce ambitious, well-rounded and considerate global citizens. Each student has every opportunity to develop independence and high self esteem, ready for the next successful step in their lives.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Negeri Sembilan - Others.