Sunway University Vacancies Senior Lecturer
Sunway University is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Senior Lecturer position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The duties/responsibilities listed below describe the general nature of the role. The proportion of time spent on teaching, research and service (administration and management) will vary from individual to individual and from time to time; staff may be required to undertake other duties, commensurate with an academic position at the level of Senior Lecturer, depending on the needs of the Department and individual strengths.
At all times, staff are expected to behave in a professional and courteous manner, undertaking assigned duties to the best of their abilities, and adhering to the University’s codes of conduct, policies and practices.
- Conduct research in relevant disciplines;
- Publish high quality journal articles, conference papers and/or other peer reviewed outputs as appropriate to the subject discipline;
- Secure funding to support their research;
- Supervise student research projects, including Doctoral and/or Masters students;
- Lead on and participate in collaborative research projects with colleagues both within and external to the University;
- Engage proactively with the wider research community in their fields of study, promoting their own research and the academic reputation of the University.
- Design, plan and deliver lectures, tutorials and other teaching and learning activities appropriate to their discipline, and subject to the requirements of the University including by electronic/online means;
- Assess student work and progress, providing constructive and timely feedback;
- Regularly review the effectiveness of their teaching, including use of feedback from students and colleagues, and proactively seek ways to improve the quality and effectiveness of their teaching;
- Contribute to the design, development, delivery, review and enhancement of programmes of study within their Department/School;
- Invigilate examinations and assessments, moderate assessments papers, including second marking, and attend and contribute to Subject and Programme Boards.
- Participate constructively in Department, School and/or University committees;
- Participate in internal and external events, such as open days, outreach activities, and visits to partner institutions and internship placements;
- Support and assist senior colleagues in ensuring the smooth running of the department and programmes;
- Provide academic counselling to students, referring them to other support services as required.
- PhD in Actuarial Science/ Mathematics and/or Fellow of Actuarial Professional Body.
- Minimum 5 years working experience.
- Excellent command of English, both oral & written.
- Good track record of research & publication.
- Ability to work in team.
- Highly agile and adaptable to changing environment.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Selangor.