Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Assistant Professor in Psychology, Malaysia Social Sciences (Part-Time) position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic academic with experience of teaching, and holding a valid permit to teach in Malaysia. The successful candidate will be expected to develop strong links to colleagues at the Edinburgh and Dubai campuses to deliver high quality cross-campus learning and teaching. The postholder will be expected to have a broad knowledge of a range of topics within psychology, but will specifically required to teach one undergraduate course ‘Cognition across the life span’ and two postgraduate courses ‘Social and Organisational Change’ and ‘Diversity’. Depending on the applicant’s qualifications and experience, we may appoint either one or two staff to deliver these courses.
The role will be based at the University's campus in Putrajaya, the administrative capital of Malaysia. Programmes will be delivered in English and so fluency in English is essential. An induction programme will be delivered to all new academic staff on Heriot-Watt's standards and values, and to give practical experience on preparation, delivery and assessment of teaching.
The role would include the following activities:
1. Preparation for all teaching activities
2. Teaching (lectures, tutorials, practical classes etc as appropriate)
3. Completing attendance reports
4. Guidance for students and additional support where necessary
5. Revision with students
6. Setting and marking formative assessment tasks
7. Marking a coursework essay or a group presentation/executive summary report as one of the summative assessment tasks
8. Preparation of draft exam papers
9. Marking of exam papers
10. Prepare assessment spreadsheets containing students marks in the format required by student progression committees and/or exam boards.
All HWUM staff endeavours will embody our shared values of: Inspire, Collaborate, Belong, and Celebrate.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post and its general responsibilities. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
- Master degree for teaching undergraduate course and PhD for teaching post- graduate course, in appropriate discipline
- Member of appropriate professional body
- Teaching qualification or in the process of obtaining one
- Teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as appropriate
- Experience of reviewing and updating teaching materials
- Clear communicator with good presentation skills, explaining concepts well
- Track record of research
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English
- An ability to apply knowledge acquired from research into teaching materials and methods
- We are looking for a quick learner who feels comfortable with an online teaching platform as we expect delivery will be as responsive blended learning.
We aim to hold interviews online using Microsoft Office Teams by end of July 2021.
Applications must be submitted by 14 July 2021. If you are not contacted by the selection committee by 28 July 2021 then please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Putrajaya.