ASIA METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Dean, Faculty of Business, Management and Information Technology position. If you currently looking for new education sector job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
This is a key senior management post within AMU reporting to the Vice-Chancellor/Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic. The Dean of the Faculty is to provide leadership and effective management of the Faculty as a unit, overseeing its teaching, research, and enterprise missions, promoting, and guiding towards ongoing development, ensuring productive interaction within the wider University as well as external organizations, and ensuring that its budget and resources are well managed. In line with the Vice-Chancellor's strategy for growth, the Faculty will progressively expand its activities.
- Provide over-arching strategic leadership that will reinforce and develop the positioning of AMU Business Faculty as a premier Faculty;
- Ensure the growth of the Faculty are in-line with and meet the strategic growth objective of the University through developing a significantly expanded portfolio of academic programmes to generate a strong increase in student numbers;
- Build effective collaboration and working relationships with industry, government, and the higher education sector, both nationally and internationally, to build a well-rounded high-quality provision, research and enterprise activities in the business and management field;
- Establish effective management, administrative, and committee structures, to ensure the smooth and efficient achievement of the Faculty's missions and ensure compliance to the University's academic and administrative policies and procedures;
- Ensure the development of the research base of the faculty with outputs in top tier international journals;
- Build the external income generation of the faculty from research and enterprise activities;
- Ensure effective management of resources, especially staff by ensuring that a high-quality staff base is established and professionally developed to deliver the mission of the faculty;
- Ensure that the members of Faculty are well managed and developed to reach their full potential;
- Ensure the effective management, coordination, teaching, and development of the academic programmes that are offered by the Faculty including chairing the Faculty's Board of Studies, Board of Examiners, and other key committees as and when needed;
- Prepare the business plan and annual budget of the Faculty and to ensure the Faculty's long-term financial sustainability can be obtained;
- Ensure that all aspects of delivery within the Faculty's activities are of very high quality, well-rounded and focused on the needs of the stakeholders including students, parents, collaborative partners, and external client organisations;
- Maintain a high-level academic standing through research, publication and engagement with professional bodies, potential employers, and other related parties; and
- Other duties commensurate with the level of the position assigned by the Vice-Chancellor/Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic from time to time.
- Possess the leadership skills necessary to set the vision of the faculty and develop the faculty in-line with the strategic priorities of the University;
- Candidate must have at least a PhD in business, management or a related field;
- Have at least 3 years of experience as an academic Head of Department, Associate Dean/Deputy Dean or equivalent in a reputable university;
- Able to demonstrate strong academic credibility at an international level as evidenced by publications in top tier international peer reviewed journals, by having published key texts, or having produced other outputs demonstrating substantial subject expertise and leadership in a business related field;
- Understand the higher education environment in Malaysia and the requirements of relevant authorities such as the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and other accreditation bodies;
- Have a strong track record in business development and income generation activities;
- Have outstanding management and interpersonal communication skills and able to lead and motivate staff at all levels;
- Able to interact with external related organisations and potential employers at the most senior strategic levels to further the interests of the University;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to building world-class research.
By achieving the premier status, Asia Metropolitan University (AMU), has been one of the selected Universities in Malaysia that have achieved this recognition. In doing so, AMU in a very short time has allowed itself to become one of the cream of the crop in education delivery in Malaysia setting an impressive precedent for itself regarding any future achievements that lay in store.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream education sector job in Johor Bahru.